In this article, we will walk you through the necessary steps to modify the language settings of Payday 3 to ensure a seamless gaming experience in your preferred language. Whether you have Payday 3 installed via Steam, Epic Games or Xbox PC Game Pass, we’ve got you covered.
So, if you’re ready to navigate the menus and dialogue in Payday 3 using the language of your choice, let’s get into the step-by-step instructions to change the game’s language, granting you a more immersive gaming experience.
Payday 3 – Xbox PC Game Pass version
To change the language in Payday 3 in Xbox PC Game Pass version, you can follow these steps:
- Open the Xbox App and go to Payday 3.
- Click on the three buttons next to the “Buy” option and select “Manage”.
- Go to the “Files” tab and click on “Browse”.
- Locate the Payday 3 folder.
- Inside the folder, navigate to the “Content” folder.
- Look for a file named “gamelaunchhelper.exe” and right-click on it to create a shortcut.
- Right-click the shortcut and select “Properties”.
- In the “Target” field, add one of the following commands depending on your desired language: -language=en
- The modified “Target” field should resemble something like this: “C:\Games\PAYDAY 3\Content\gamelaunchhelper.exe” -language=en
- Start the game using the modified shortcut.
These steps should help you change the language in Payday 3.
Payday 3 – Steam version
This is much simpler on Steam, you just have to find PAYDAY3 in your Steam Library, right click mouse and click on Properties then General and you will see a Language selector just like on the screenshot below.
Payday 3 – Epic Games version
For Epic Games version of Payday 3 the solution is also quite unintuitive. You have to click three dots on Payday 3 in your Epic Games library, then click Manage and toggle Launch Options to On. Then you have to type “-language=en” for English language or other for other languages.